I will think of a better name for this blog one of these days.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to school

I recently took a self appointed week off from school. I'm such a bad student. I feel a little guilty for wasting my money but whatever. . . it's my money. That's what I get for choosing the 8 AM class.

When I went into class for the first time in a week, I knew the teacher was going to make a big deal. And I was right. . . she couldn't just let me quietly sit at my seat and pretend to be a good student. I forgot exactly what she said (8AM, my brain not 100% functional yet). She said something like "Wow, Kevin is back" and everyone welcome the computer expert back in chinese. I was a bit confused and then i remembered the last time i went to class we were just starting the chapter related to computers and computer parts. I didn't think they'd still be on the same chapter.

They asked me a few computer related questions like what's the difference between RAM and Hard Drive and is it cheaper to build your own system. They also asked about the Eee PC i brought in a week or two ago when it was my turn to do presentation in front of class.

If you've never heard of it, it's a tiny full function notebook computer the size of a standard 8.5" x 11" piece of paper folded in half. Does web browsing, email, instant messaging, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, divx/xvid movies, mp3, photos, skype, games, etc. Has SD card slot, Wi-Fi, and webcam, and has battery life of around 3 hours. Not bad for $11,500 NT dollars here in Taiwan, roughly $340 USD.

Here's pic of it on top of standard 14.1" notebook.

No comments:

Contributors